The Communications Group of the Department of Signal Theory and Communications is a consolidated group, whose members have jointly participated in research activities since the first members joined the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in 1998. The research activities of this group are focused in the following research lines:
- Multi-antenna systems (MIMO) for wideband communications
- Multicarrier modulation (OFDM)
- Ultra-wideband techniques
- Signal processing in digital communications
- Simulation and modeling of communication systems
- Application of the previous techniques to: wireless local/metropolitan area networks (WLAN, WMAN), next generation mobile systems (4G), and satellite communication systems.