The Mobile Communications course consists of theoretical classes using the blackboard, slides or video presentations where all the concepts are explained. In these lectures, the student will acquire the main concepts about mobile communications systems and their design and performance. Laboratory sessions will also be tough. The programme is the following:
- Introduction to mobile communications
- Cellular concept for mobile systems
- GSM System: Architecture, physical layer and design and planning
- 2.5 Systems: Architecture and elements. Physical layer
- 3G Systems: UMTS. Wideband CDMA, Architecture, physical layer
- Evolution of mobile communication systems: HSPA, LTE and LTE-A
For more details about the course description go to this link.
For information about the grading system, instructors and lecture notes go to AulaGlobal.
During the lab sessions, the student will have to generate, analyze and measure signals from
the main mobile communications standards. It is a very important part of the subject to demosntrate the acquisition of the global view of the systems.
The content of the lab sessions, the timetable, and the lab instructor can be consulted inAulaGlobal. The content of the Labview labs can be downloaded additionally from the following links:
LAB WORK: GSM
- Lab work: GSM
- GSM Standard
LAB WORK: UMTS
The source code is available for teaching purposes. If you wish to download it, contact email@example.com to obtain the required password.